Please confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions by completing the form at the bottom of this page.
BABB EVENTS LTD
This AGREEMENT is made between BABB EVENTS LTD and THE SPEAKER
The speaker, to the best of her/his ability, shall present session(s) as agreed at SNAP (“Conference”) to be held in Norfolk on the 23rd to 28th April 2018.
2. Term of Agreement
This Agreement shall continue in effect until:
A. canceled by either party as set forth in this Agreement; or
B. completion of the session presentation(s) by Speaker provided, however, that in the event of cancellation pursuant to this Agreement, or upon death, disability, or other incapacity resulting in the inability of Speaker to present the session(s) required (“cancellation”), this Agreement may be terminated and all consideration due shall cease as of the date of cancellation.
As consideration for services to be rendered by Speaker under this Agreement, BABB EVENTS LTD shall provide the Speaker:
1) Complimentary Conference registration
2) Payment of for main speaking duties and payment as agreed via email. Speaker acknowledges that payment includes monies for reimbursement of all Speaker expenses including air travel, ground transportation. No additional monies shall be made to Speaker for reimbursement of expenses. Payment in full within 28 days of the event conclusion. Travel expenses may be paid in advance by request.
Speaker shall present the session(s) set forth in this Agreement and shall:
- Abide by the deliverable dates listed below:
- Speaker Contract on agreement of terms
- Bio and a selection of 10 low res images to be used on website (with link and credit) - 31st July 2017
- Completion of speaker session proposal form - 31st July 2017
2. Present sessions according to BABB EVENTS LTD Standards of Professionalism and shall not denigrate SNAP, its programs or representatives in any manner.
3. Not defame, slander or libel any person, firm or corporation.
4. Agree and state that all materials and content presented by Speaker do not infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, patent or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, nor do they promote or endorse any product, service, or device which may or is at the time of the program not approved by any governing agency
5. Not sell or promote any particular product or service at any time during the session presentation(s).
6. Promptly reply to all email correspondence from BABB EVENTS LTD
5. Failure to Perform
In the event of failure or refusal of Speaker to perform Speaker’s obligations under this Agreement (other than failure to perform for reasons beyond Speaker’s control), all costs, charges and expenses BABB EVENTS LTD incurs shall be part of the damages to be paid by BABB EVENTS LTD as a result of such failure or refusal to perform, including but not limited to legal fees and expenses
6. Independent Contractor Relationship
Speaker is an independent contractor. Speaker is not an employee, servant, agent, partner or joint-venture of BABB EVENTS LTD at any time contemplated by this Agreement and shall not represent Speaker’s opinions to be that of BABB EVENTS LTD. Speaker - at all times - shall state that Speaker’s opinions are those of Speaker and NOT those of BABB EVENTS LTD and that if any media or other materials are used, they shall so reflect.
Speaker shall present the sessions stated in this Agreement. Speaker shall indemnify and hold harmless BABB EVENTS LTD from any claim, demand, loss, liability, damage or expense arising in any way from the Speaker’s performance of services.
BABB EVENTS LTD reserves the right to cancel this Agreement and replace Speaker if the specified due dates for deliverables are missed. BABB EVENTS LTD reserves the right to cancel any session, change the length or size of any session, or change the place of any session at its discretion at any time. In the event of cancellation, BABB EVENTS LTD shall not be liable for any expenses, costs, or damages incurred by Speaker except for any expenses incurred and not recoverable. If Speaker desires to cancel, Speaker agrees to provide thirty (90) days written notice to BABB EVENTS LTD of cancellation prior to his/ her first scheduled session.
The Speaker agrees not to compete with the event or engage with any business of a similar nature to that of the event whether directly or indirectly for a period of three months prior to the engagement date referred to in Schedule 1 of this agreement and for three months commencing the engagement date referred to in Schedule 1 of this agreement.
10. Promotional Itinerary
The following list represents the promotional activities required of the Speaker. Activities are applicable to the extent the Speaker is in possession of an account for the social media in question.
Blog - A post on the Speaker’s blog announcing their involvement in the Event and a brief description of the Session and any Group Session to be provided by the Speaker..
Facebook - Bi-monthly promotional post to advertise the event and the Session and any Group Session provided by the Speaker.
Twitter - Bi-monthly promotional post to advertise the Festival and the Session and any Group Session provided by the Speaker.
Instagram - Bi-monthly promotional post to advertise the Festival and the Session and any Group Session provided by the Speaker.