SNAP Photography Festival
Please confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions by completing the form at the bottom of this page.
This AGREEMENT is made between BABB EVENTS LTD and THE SPEAKER
The speaker, to the best of her/his ability, shall present session(s) as agreed at SNAP (“Conference”) to be held in Somerset, UK from 12:00 on the 29th April to 12:00 on 3rd May 2019
2. Term of Agreement
This Agreement shall continue in effect until:
A. canceled by either party as set forth in this Agreement; or
B. completion of the session presentation(s) by Speaker provided, however, that in the event of cancellation pursuant to this Agreement, or upon death, disability, or other incapacity resulting in the inability of Speaker to present the session(s) required (“cancellation”), this Agreement may be terminated and all consideration due shall cease as of the date of cancellation.
As consideration for services to be rendered by Speaker under this Agreement, BABB EVENTS LTD shall provide the Speaker:
1) Complimentary Conference registration
2) Payment of for main speaking duties as agreed via email. Speaker acknowledges that payment includes monies for reimbursement of all Speaker expenses including air travel, ground transportation. No additional monies shall be made to Speaker for reimbursement of expenses. Payment will be made in full within 28 days of the event conclusion, on provision of an invoice. A proportion of travel expenses may be paid in advance by request.
3) 25% of the agreed speaker fee will relate directly to satisfactory completion of the promotional schedule listed in section 10. Speaker will be asked to provide evidence of promotional activities.
Speaker shall present the session(s) set forth in this Agreement and shall:
- Abide by the deliverable dates listed below:
- Speaker Contract on agreement of terms
- Bio and a selection of 10 low res images to be used on website (with link and credit) - 31st July 2018
- Completion of speaker session proposal form - 31st July 2018
2. Present sessions according to BABB EVENTS LTD Standards of Professionalism and shall not denigrate SNAP, its programs or representatives in any manner.
3. Not defame, slander or libel any person, firm or corporation.
4. Agree and state that all materials and content presented by Speaker do not infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, patent or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, nor do they promote or endorse any product, service, or device which may or is at the time of the program not approved by any governing agency
5. Not sell or promote any particular product or service at any time during the session presentation(s).
6. Promptly reply to all email correspondence from BABB EVENTS LTD
7. Attend a Skype meeting with BABB EVENTS LTD at least once in the run up to the event, to discuss content and delivery of session(s)
5. Failure to Perform
In the event of failure or refusal of Speaker to perform Speaker’s obligations under this Agreement (other than failure to perform for reasons beyond Speaker’s control), all costs, charges and expenses BABB EVENTS LTD incurs shall be part of the damages to be paid by BABB EVENTS LTD as a result of such failure or refusal to perform, including but not limited to legal fees and expenses
6. Independent Contractor Relationship
Speaker is an independent contractor. Speaker is not an employee, servant, agent, partner or joint-venture of BABB EVENTS LTD at any time contemplated by this Agreement and shall not represent Speaker’s opinions to be that of BABB EVENTS LTD. Speaker - at all times - shall state that Speaker’s opinions are those of Speaker and NOT those of BABB EVENTS LTD and that if any media or other materials are used, they shall so reflect.
Speaker shall present the sessions stated in this Agreement. Speaker shall indemnify and hold harmless BABB EVENTS LTD from any claim, demand, loss, liability, damage or expense arising in any way from the Speaker’s performance of services.
BABB EVENTS LTD reserves the right to cancel this Agreement and replace Speaker if the specified due dates for deliverables are missed. BABB EVENTS LTD reserves the right to cancel any session, change the length or size of any session, or change the place of any session at its discretion at any time. In the event of cancellation, BABB EVENTS LTD shall not be liable for any expenses, costs, or damages incurred by Speaker except for any expenses incurred and not recoverable. If Speaker desires to cancel, Speaker agrees to provide thirty (90) days written notice to BABB EVENTS LTD of cancellation prior to his/ her first scheduled session.
The Speaker agrees not to compete with the event or engage with any business of a similar nature to that of the event in the UK, whether directly or indirectly for a period of three months prior to the engagement date referred to in Schedule 1 of this agreement and for three months commencing the engagement date referred to in Schedule 1 of this agreement.
10. Promotional Itinerary
The following list represents the promotional activities required of the Speaker. Activities are applicable to the extent the Speaker is in possession of an account for the social media in question.
Facebook - Bi-monthly promotional post to advertise the event and the Session
Twitter - Bi-monthly promotional post to advertise the Festival and the Session and any Group Session provided by the Speaker.
Instagram and/or Instagram stories - Bi-monthly promotional post to advertise the Festival and the Session and any Group Session provided by the Speaker.
Occasional promotional posts on request, to publicise specific sales and marketing activities such as line up launch, ticket give aways etc.