snap learning manifesto
We believe that SNAP offers the possibility to create a uniquely valuable learning experience. Learning happens in workshops and talks, through engagement with speakers and other attendees in an informal setting and also throughout the year at one off workshops, informal get togethers, through support and advice in the SNAP community Facebook group and through community collaborations.
Our aim is to book speakers with a broad spectrum of skill sets, both from within the wedding and lifestyle industry, and from outside, as we believe that diversity and outside influences make us stronger. We are committed to seeking out feedback from our community and adjusting our approach accordingly, and we're also committed to examining best practice in workshop and training delivery.
As well as a balanced approach in selecting speakers, we aim to have clearly defined learning outcomes, evaluation of learning needs and content that is delivered with learning styles and audience engagement in mind.
- Outcome focussed
- Different learning streams for specific skill sets
- Meaningful to learners
Typical confrence/workshop learning
- 'Name' focussed
- One size fits all
- Undefined learning outcomes
We have concluded that in order to deliver the best possible educational experience at SNAP, we need to commit to a defined set of standards. The standards that follow are our commitments to our attendees and they were drawn up in consultation with the SNAP community.
Defined learning outcomes
All of our workshops and talks will have defined learning outcomes, with information about delivery methods. We will work with our speakers to make sure their workshops and talks are delivered within a defined structure that maximises outcomes and learning opportunities. Speakers will be asked to demonstrate how they deliver learning outcomes.
A good balance between inspiration, technical skills and business skills
We aim to deliver a balanced programme across these areas, with talks and workshops that focus on all of these areas equally. We will also ensure there are talks and workshops pitched at all levels of experience, with different learning streams where necessary.
A commitment to diversity and equality of opportunity
We are committed to equality and valuing diversity across our community.
We have established a community code of conduct and we will not tolerate discrimination on grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, HIV positivity, working pattern, caring responsibilities, trade union activity or political beliefs – or any other grounds.
We aim to work with speakers that reflect the make up of our community and we will actively seek out speakers from groups that are currently under-represented and encourage their participation.
A commitment to promote from within
Our SNAP's Got Talent competition gives members of the SNAP community an opportunity to gain experience as a conference speakers / workshop leaders. In addition we will encourage applications from SNAP community members who already have an existing profile as a speaker.
We are also happy to promote community member's own workshops and training activities, if they broadly adhere to the principals of this manifesto.
Motivate Meaningful Involvement
We will provide our community with learning experiences that are relevant to their current goals and/or that motivate them to engage deeply in the process of learning. We will seek feedback from our community and we will evaluate this feedback regularly to facilitate our own growth.
We will look at ways to measure outcomes and performance/business improvement results and we will use these to inform future learning.
We will acknowledge and leverage the knowledge and skills our community brings to the learning environment through their past experience and individual contexts. We will create a safe and supportive space for learning. We will have a code of co
snap community standards
This document covers all aspects of community interaction and moderation at SNAP Photography Festival and associated events, including interactions in the SNAP Facebook Group.
There are 7 simple guidelines which we expect all participants in SNAP events, associated events and the online SNAP community to abide by.
1. SNAP seeks to ensure that the environment both at its events and online is supportive, and one where individual respect is shown to all. All members of staff, attendees and anyone else involved in SNAP, regardless of disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital status, age, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or any other factor will be supported and encouraged.
2. To secure an environment in which members of the community are able to flourish and to achieve their full potential, SNAP is committed to ensuring that everyone is able to participate in the community without fear of harassment, bullying or intimidation. Everyone in the community has a part to play by ensuring that their own behaviour, whether intentional or unintentional, does not constitute harassment. SNAP will take action against inappropriate behaviour which shows lack of respect for others or which leads people to feeling threatened. Incidents of harassment, sexual harassment, bullying, intimidation or actions that are likely to cause alarm or distress should be reported to the Director.
3. We welcome discussions and debate but all such discussions must take place in a respectful manner and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
4. We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that could be interpreted as such.
5. We will address any behaviour and remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy
6. Be kind, act with emotional intelligence and be respectful of your fellow community members.
7. Participants who seriously, persistently or wilfully ignore the community standards, participation guidelines or terms and conditions will be asked to leave SNAP events and/or the community. This is not an action that we take lightly or arbitrarily. However, we are aiming to create and maintain an experience consistent with our values and our commitment to create a safe space for our community members. With that in mind we reserve the right to make decisions which we feel support that.
Header image by Voytek London Wedding Photographer.