snap community standards
Here at SNAP we are really passionate about creating an inclusive, friendly, supportive environment where everyone feels welcome.
This document covers all aspects of community interaction and moderation at SNAP Photography Festival and associated events, including interactions in the SNAP Facebook Group.
There are 7 simple guidelines which we expect all participants in SNAP events, associated events and the online SNAP community to abide by.
1. SNAP seeks to ensure that the environment both at its events and online is supportive, and one where individual respect is shown to all. All members of staff, attendees and anyone else involved in SNAP, regardless of disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital status, age, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or any other factor will be supported and encouraged.
2. To secure an environment in which members of the community are able to flourish and to achieve their full potential, SNAP is committed to ensuring that everyone is able to participate in the community without fear of harassment, bullying or intimidation. Everyone in the community has a part to play by ensuring that their own behaviour, whether intentional or unintentional, does not constitute harassment. SNAP will take action against inappropriate behaviour which shows lack of respect for others or which leads people to feeling threatened. Incidents of harassment, bullying or other issues should be reported to the Director.
3. We welcome discussions and debate but all such discussions must take place in a respectful manner and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
4. We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that could be interpreted as such.
5. We will address any behaviour and remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy
6. Be kind, act with emotional intelligence and be respectful of your fellow community members.
7. Participants who seriously, persistently or wilfully ignore the community standards, participation guidelines or terms and conditions will be asked to leave SNAP events and/or the community. This is not an action that we take lightly or arbitrarily. However, we are aiming to create and maintain an experience consistent with our values and our commitment to create a safe space for our community members. With that in mind we reserve the right to make decisions which we feel support that.