The SNAP Aspiring Workshop Leader Scholarship Applications
All images are by female or non gender conforming photographers and were shared via our Facebook page. Header image by Ekkelboom-White Photography
SNAP is really excited to be supported by The Photography Show to launch our scholarship for an aspiring workshop leader.
We've been blown away by the support so far in the form of donations to our crowdfunder, offers of mentoring and support from brands within the photography and wedding industries.
Diversity is a key priority for SNAP - we're one of the few conferences in the world who intentionally curate our line up with gender parity and diversity in mind. We also actively seek out voices from outside of the wedding photography industry and we've had academics, photojournalists, Bafta winning broadcasters, artists, creative consultants, financial advisors, SEO experts, Diversity experts and a whole load more talented educators share their knowledge and skills at SNAP.
Since launching in 2014, education and inspiration have been at the core of The Photography Show, with the aim of encouraging photographers – from beginners to pros and everyone in between – to improve their craft and fulfil their potential. The Photography Show’s team recognises the difference great educators can make, and that great educators come from all walks of life – so we’re committed to promoting diversity in the photography industry.
We absolutely want the best people on our line ups but we also believe that the best people with the most to share aren't always the most obvious choices. We also believe that the less obvious choices might lack confidence because they don't see themselves represented in positions of authority, power or influence within the wider industry.
Because of this we are creating an opportunity for a Europe based, female identifying or non-gender conforming photographer who will receive a package of training and support that will enable them to develop skills as a workshop leader.
The successful applicant will get a suite of support, along with a place as a speaker at SNAP and The Photography Show 2018. Support will include:
- Train the Trainer one day workshop
- Creative Live - become a better and funnier speaker
- TED guide to public speaking
- 121 mentoring / coaching sessions with Camera Hannah (former SNAP speaker and speaker at other UK events)
- 121 mentoring with Nova Reid - life coach, former actor, wellbeing coach, writer, diversity consultant and public speaking expert
- 121 marketing session with Maddy from Making Your Business Shine
- A 12 month membership to the Photobiz Premium photography podcast
- Other expenses/ support allowance as required
- A branding mentor session with Ross Tanner from Flothemes
Special thanks also to our partner QT Albums who've contributed to the fund financially and will be helping to select the winner.
To be eligible you should meet the following criteria:
- You're an experienced, full time wedding photographer
- Photography is your main source of income
- You are female identifying or non-gender conforming
- You do not have significant previous experience as a speaker / teacher / workshop leader within the photography industry (excluding teaching your own individual workshops)
- You agree to uphold our Community Standards
- You agree to uphold our Learning Manifesto
we particularly welcome applications from female or non-gender conforming photographers of colour or those who are differently abled.
Scroll down and fill out the form below to apply:
The closing date is the 27th November 2017 and we will be contacting shortlisted applicants for a chat.