At SNAP one of our aims is to support our community on an ongoing basis and to help our SNAPsters to grow and develop. You don't just come along to SNAP and never hear from us again, wewant to carry on offering benefits to our SNAPsters all year long, as well as having a positive impact on the photography industry in general.
One of the ways we'll be doing that is by offering one of our 2016 speaking slots to a SNAPster. We figure there's a whole load of untapped talent that's not currently known on the speaking circuit and we want to give one of our SNAPsters their big break and the chance to share their knowledge.
We'll be doing this through our SNAP's Got Talent competition, which takes place at our Autumn reunion in The Lake District. The Reunion is open to anyone who came to SNAP in 2015 or who is coming to SNAP 2016 but to enter SNAP's Got Talent you need to have attended a previous SNAP.
SNAPsters are invited to pitch a workshop to deliver at SNAP 2016. To be in with a chance of winning you'll be invited do deliver 30 minute mini version of the workshop at The SNAP Reunion and SNAPsters will vote for their favourites. The winner will then be decided from a shortlist by Head SNAPster Laura Babb and a panel of guest judges.
Workshops can be on anything at all. You'll have the best chance of winning if the workshop is related to photography, creativity or business but we want SNAP's Got Talent to be fun too so if you want to deliver a totally off the wall workshop for the enjoyment of our Reunion attendees, we wholeheartedly encourage you to do so.
The winner of SNAP's Got Talent will be offered a 2.5 - 3 hour speaking slot at SNAP 2016 and will receive
- A complimentary ticket to SNAP 2016
- A spotlight feature on the SNAP website
- A speaker listing on the SNAP website
- Publicity in all promotional material
- Travel expenses to and from SNAP from anywhere in the UK
If you came to SNAP 2015 and you'd like to enter SNAP's Got Talent just fill out the form below and tell us all about your workshop.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Prize includes one x free ticket to Snap Photo Festival on the 18th - 22nd April 2016, at Fforest Camp in Wales staying in Camp Shack accommodation (upgrades available in exchange for the difference in price/winner is responsible for their own travel costs)
· Closing date for entries is 01st October 2015
· Winners agree to be featured on snapphotofestival.com and in any associated publicity
· None of the prizes may be exchanged or transferred and no cash alternative will be offered
· Winner will be selected by Snap Photo Festival. All decisions are final
· By entering the competition, you agree that all information submitted by you is true
· The winner will be contacted via email failure to respond may result in forfeiture of the prize