Before we do, you can give your commitment to #beboldforchange without even leaving the SNAP site. Magic.
Here are some of the things #snapphotofest is doing to promote change
- Over 60% of our SNAP 2017 speaker line up is female - this is in stark contrast to many other photography and wedding photography events.
- This year we're partnering with Catalyst Wedding Co to bring you content around working with couples who don't conform to gender norms, including using inclusive language, pronouns, tailoring your communications and website, how to stand out in the industry as an advocate for diversity, how to write an inclusive about me and how to keep your portfolio intentionally diverse
- We're also working with Nu Bride who'll be taking to us about diversity as a business necessity, including talking about the wedding industry and it's often one dimensional view of what a wedding couple should look like, memes, 'political correctness gone mad' and how you can be better at reaching diverse couples.
- Our learning manifesto and community standards lay out our approach to learning and also creating a positive, welcoming and inclusive learning environment for our attendees:http://www.snapphotofestival.com/snap-learning-manifesto/
- We'll be holding a dedicated SNAP camp fire session this year to talk about the issues affecting women in photography. We'll be using our influence and contacts to bring these issues to a wider audience.
- Most of all we're committed to doing better. We know we can do better in terms of the diversity of our line up. We know we need to do more to attract diverse participants and attendees. If you have suggestions about how we can improve our approaches then please do get in touch with us via our website. We'd love to start a dialogue!
And finally that's enough about us, tell us about a female photographer that inspires you because they're committed to #beboldforchange in the comments.